Hammerstone Infrastructure Materials Ltd is committed to managing its business in a socially responsible manner, focused on workplace and public safety, environmental stewardship, sustainable development and sustainable development.
We are committed to maintaining strong and constructive relationships with stakeholders to ensure we understand and address project specific and regional concerns. We will conduct our activities with integrity and develop protocols and programs that are tailored to provide positive outcomes within the communities in which we operate.
Health & Safety
Hammerstone Infrastructure Materials Ltd. is committed to providing quality aggregate products and services to our customers in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, contractors, stakeholders, and communities.
As such, we will:
- Meet or exceed the requirements of relevant federal, provincial, and municipal occupational health and safety regulations.
- Identify, understand and manage all risks that could compromise the health and safety of our workers.
- Strive for continuous improvement of our health and safety programs by setting annual health and safety objectives and targets.
- Ensure each employee, contractor, and third-party service provider understands their health and safety rights and responsibilities and is provided with the required training, supervision, and compliance monitoring.
- Actively promote health and safety leadership, understanding, and personal commitment throughout the organization.
- Have senior management periodically review and update the health and safety policy and update the health and safety management system in light of current and future activities.
Hammerstone Infrastructure Materials Ltd. recognizes environmental stewardship as a key component of our business. We believe that sound environmental policy is a competitive strength that benefits our customers, employees and stakeholders by contributing to the overall well-being and economic health of the communities in which we operate.
As such, we will:
- Operate in compliance with all relevant federal, provincial and municipal environmental legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in order to reduce our environmental footprint, including reducing the amount of waste at our facilities through reclamation and recycling programs.
- Promote environmental awareness, provide training and educate employees and contractors to be environmentally responsible at the worksite.
- Strive for continuous improvement of our environmental programs by setting annual objectives and targets.
- Have senior management periodically review the environment policy and update the environmental management system in light of current and future activities.
We understand the importance of environmentally sustainable operations and we continue to develop new ways and programs to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment.
Community & Culture
We continue to support local initiatives and take pride in the rich history of the communities in which we operate.
The Hammerstone Project was named to reflect the significant archaeological resource discovered in September 2003. During initial fieldwork, ancient quarries, workshops and campsites dating from 9,500 – 7,500 years ago were discovered. This find is one of the oldest known sites in the province and reflects the history of human settlement in the region. This site is now known as the Quarry of the Ancestors and is a protected site.